HEP VOLUNTEER COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS:
Current Volunteer Guidelines & Restrictions:
1.) During COVID times, only volunteers 16 years old and up are back on campus.
2.) HEP is currently accepting new individual volunteers in the Thrift Store, Veterans Clubhouse, and Kitchen & Dining Hall.
3.) Groups with a minimum of 5 people and maximum of 25 people, ages 16+, are permitted in the HEP Thrift Store.
4.) Groups with a minimum of 10 people and maximum of 35 people, ages 16+, are permitted in maintenance and grounds opportunities.
Become an HEP Volunteer and Make a Difference
Have you ever wanted to help or volunteer your time to make a significant difference in someone’s life but didn’t know where to begin? Contact us to find out how your skills, knowledge, experience, ideas, enthusiasm and your connections to the community can be matched with a meaningful volunteer experience.
Questions? Contact Edie Minton at 727.442.9041 ext. 107 or EdieM@HEPempowers.org.
Opportunities: (these opportunities are currently limited due to safety restrictions)
- Group Service Projects: Serving meals, landscaping, painting, etc.
- Thrift Store: Cash register, sorting, pricing, cleaning
- Maintenance: Painting, landscaping, carpentry, household repairs, AC preventative maintenance, pressure washing, gardening, etc.
- Office: Filing, phones, data entry, basic office tasks, prepare intake packets, confirm appointments, etc.
- Kitchen: Serving meals, food preparation & cleaning
- Urban Empowerment Garden: harvesting, planting, etc.
- Veterans: Provide budget assistance, oversee clubhouse during non-office hours, offer transportation assistance, host special events, lead athletic classes
Get Started: (All volunteer applicants must complete and submit the following documents prior to volunteering)
- COVID Policy and Procedures: Review & Sign Now
- COVID Release Review & Sign Now
- HIPPA Training Module: Click here to be directed to FDCF site for the HIPPA training module.
- Click on the link above. Go to the middle of the page to the ‘HIPAA Information and Action” box,
- Click and begin the training. You cannot fail, so stay with it!
- Print out certificate of completion from HIPAA training