Become an HEP Volunteer and Make a Difference
Have you ever wanted to help or volunteer your time to make a significant difference in someone’s life but didn’t know where to begin? Contact us to find out how your skills, knowledge, experience, ideas, enthusiasm and your connections to the community can be matched with a meaningful volunteer experience.
Questions? Contact Edie Minton at 727.442.9041 ext. 107 or EdieM@HEPempowers.org.
- Group Service Projects: Serving meals, landscaping, painting, etc.
- Thrift Store: Cash register, sorting, pricing, cleaning
- Maintenance: Painting, landscaping, carpentry, household repairs, AC preventative maintenance, pressure washing, etc.
- Office: Filing, phones, data entry, basic office tasks, prepare intake packets, confirm appointments, etc.
- Kitchen: Serving meals, food preparation & cleaning
- Urban Empowerment Garden: harvesting, planting, weeding, etc.
- Veterans Program: Provide budget assistance, oversee clubhouse during non-office hours, host special events, lead athletic classes
- Workforce Development Program: Assisting Workforce clients & workshop facilitation
Get Started: (All volunteer applicants must complete and submit the following documents prior to volunteering)
- HIPPA Training Module: Click here to be directed to FDCF site for the HIPPA training module.
- Click on the link above. Go to the middle of the page to the ‘HIPAA Information and Action” box,
- Click and begin the training. You cannot fail, so stay with it!
- Print out certificate of completion from HIPAA training
- Volunteer Handbook & Acknowledgment Form
- Click here to read the HEP Volunteer Handbook
- Click here to sign the Handbook Acknowledgement Form