COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS FOR HEP VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
1.) HEP has currently placed a hold on new volunteer sign-ups until 2021, in order to ensure safety procedures on campus.
2.) There are currently no Thanksgiving or Christmas meal service opportunities for the 2020 holidays.
Make a Difference
Have you ever wanted to help or volunteer your time to make a significant difference in someone’s life but didn’t know where to begin? Contact us to find out how your skills, knowledge, experience, ideas, enthusiasm and your connections to the community can be matched with a meaningful volunteer experience.
For Volunteer Opportunities
Please contact Jessica Jaimes, Volunteer Coordinator at 727.442.9041 ext. 107 or JessicaJ@HEPempowers.org.
- Group Service Projects: Serving meals, landscaping, painting, etc.
- Professional Services: Practicing or retired medical, dental, bookkeeping, resume assistance, vocational training, budget training, etc.
- Thrift Store: Cash register, sorting, pricing, cleaning
- Maintenance: Painting, landscaping, carpentry, household repairs, AC preventative maintenance, pressure washing, gardening, etc.
- Food Donation Pick-Ups: Pick up surplus food from local grocery stores & restaurants and deliver to HEP
- Medical: Provide medication education for clients, assist with medication set-up
- Office: Filing, phones, data entry, basic office tasks, prepare intake packets, confirm appointments, etc.
- Kitchen: Serving meals, food preparation & cleaning
- Learning Center: Education, mentoring, tutoring & homework assistance / FCAT assistance, youth activities, chaperone field trips, adult literacy & computer teachers, provide music lessons
- Veterans: Provide budget assistance, oversee clubhouse during non-office hours, offer transportation assistance, host special events, lead athletic classes
Get Started: New volunteer applications will still be accepted, but held until 2021 when we begin processing new volunteers.
- Individual: Apply Now
- Group: Apply Now
- HIPAA Training Module
- Click the link above to be directed to the DCF site for the HIPPA training module.
- Navigate to the middle of the page to “HIPPA Information and Action” and click.
- Click to begin training (please note: you must have Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer in order to complete the online training.)
- The training will take approximately (20) minutes to complete. You cannot fail, so stay with it!
- If you have any problems, or do not want to download the Adobe Flash Player please contact Jessica Jaimes to schedule a time to complete the training at the HEP office.