Make a Difference
Have you ever wanted to help or volunteer your time to make a significant difference in someone’s life but didn’t know where to begin? Contact us to find out how your skills, knowledge, experience, ideas, enthusiasm and your connections to the community can be matched with a meaningful volunteer experience.
For Volunteer Opportunities
Please contact Liz Mooney, Marketing Coordinator at 727.442.9041 ext. 110 or LizM@HEPempowers.org.
- Group Service Projects: Serving meals, landscaping, painting, etc.
- Professional Services: Practicing or retired medical, dental, bookkeeping, resume assistance, vocational training, budget training, etc.
- Thrift Store: Cash register, sorting, pricing, cleaning
- Maintenance: Painting, landscaping, carpentry, household repairs, AC preventative maintenance, pressure washing, gardening, etc.
- Food Donation Pick-Ups: Pick up surplus food from local grocery stores & restaurants and deliver to HEP
- Medical: Provide medication education for clients, assist with medication set-up
- Office: Filing, phones, data entry, basic office tasks, prepare intake packets, confirm appointments, etc.
- Kitchen: Serving meals, food preparation & cleaning
- Learning Center: Education, mentoring, tutoring & homework assistance / FCAT assistance, youth activities, chaperone field trips, adult literacy & computer teachers, provide music lessons
- Veterans: Provide budget assistance, oversee clubhouse during non-office hours, offer transportation assistance, host special events, lead athletic classes